2017 was my second year writing here on Astra Anima; I wrote for much of the Spring, took some time off over the Summer, (thankfully) found my muse again, and returned to writing in the Fall. This year I feel like I figured out my voice, both in the sense of what I wanted to write, and how I wanted to write it.
Much of the information that I post here is information that goes straight into my own magickal diary: recipes I cook in my own kitchen, information that I’ve researched, and spells that I’ve performed myself (and that have worked). Writing here gives me a better understanding of my own path and makes me a better witch; that you want to read it too is such an honor to me.
Below you will find the eight most popular posts on the blog this year, as well as my eight personal favorites. At the bottom of the page is a look forward to 2018.
Top 8 Articles
- A Witch’s Guide to Starting Your Grimoire and/or Book of Shadows
- A Witch’s Guide to Organizing Your Grimoire and/or Book of Shadows
- Simple Kitchen Witch Coffee Spell
- Eight Samhain Season Celebration Ideas
- Full Moon December 3rd 2017 in Gemini
- Thoughts on Mercury Retrograde 4/28/16 – 5/22/16
- Self-Love and Acceptance Spell
- Crystal Closeup: Citrine
My 8 Favorite Articles
- 15 Magickal Self-Care Ideas for Witches (most popular on Bloglovin’)
- How to Make and Use Cascarilla Powder
- Witchcraft Basics: How to Cleanse a Space
- A Witch’s Guide to Full Moon Magick
- A Witch’s Guide to Lunar Trackers
- A Witch’s Guide to New Moon Magick
- Aventurine and Peridot Crystal Grid for Prosperity
- Coven Craft: Fillable Intention Ornaments
What to Look for in 2018
In the coming year, I look forward to continuing Cosmic Concerns, the New and Full Moon Magick posts, Magickal Journal Ideas, Link Roundups, and Sabbat Celebration Ideas posts. I’ll also have a lot more witchcraft and paganism book reviews, which I’m very excited about, plus Sabbat recipes, coven crafts, spells, and a lot more.
Most exciting, for me at least, is that I will be publishing a witchcraft zine in January! I published zines for years throughout High School and college, so I’m excited to return to making them. I posted a teaser on Instagram that you may have seen. The first issue will cover protection and reflection magick; it’s in the finishing stages now, and I can’t wait for it to be done.
Also, I will be starting a new feature, (Bi)Weekly Witchcraft Questions, wherein I will answer common questions that you will get as a witch (plus a prompt for your Book of Shadows) every other Friday. Originally, I was going to have this feature every Friday, but as I started planning it pretty much took over my editorial calendar, so it’s going to be every other week. A new series – A Witch’s Guide to Magickal Blogging – will start the second week in January and appear monthly.
New posts will appear here every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with occasional weekend posts. I’m really looking forward to 2018!
Thank you for reading, friends! Blessed be.
Stock image by Brigitte Tohm via Pexels